Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What I love about traveling

Hola and hello hello everybody,

I am traveling since very young age. And since I have discovered hitch-hiking my travels started to be even more crazy than before. Wonder why, haha!

When somebody asks me 'What is your passion', traveling is the first word which comes to my head. Can't hide it, I am in love with it.

I love ( strong emphasize on word 'love', not 'like' ) that I have so much time when I travel. Time for thinking, feeling, doing, smelling, touching, anything really. Time for simply living. Seeing things you usually would not take a look at.

I love the challenges it puts me in. Can I live with a family and do the things they do? Am I able to live with 8 international people in the same room for months? Can I accept this and that and so many more challenges which helps me to find out what is deep inside that Lithuanian girl Ligita.

I love the freedom it gives to me. I know, most of the time I am on a low budget trip so I always have to think about cheaper ways to travel, however, I still have a freedom. I can just grab a map, go camping, go volunteering, go living on the street, go dancing with the bears ( or with a beer :) ), doing whatever I want. And who will stop me? Nobody! Well, sometimes, bad police officers who are asking me to leave the motorway because it is dangerous to hitch-hike. 

I love meeting new people. People from places which you learnt in Geography lesson but never understood why they live how they live. It is honestly like big geography lesson. And oh oh oh, the feeling when bunch of people are sitting around the table, all different, all from different places but sharing the same attitude, same values, believing in kindness and searching for love in this world. It is like magic connection, like your soul brothers and sisters raised by different parents.

Did I mention the dirt. Yes! I love the dirt. Because only after it you start appreciating small things. Do you know the feeling, when you camp for days, weeks or even months and then you come back home and take a shower. OH MY GOD, the first drops of warm lovely water...

I love the idea of moving. And I am not talking about obvious moving, meeting people, seeing different places and bla bla bla, but that deeper more spiritual moving. Moving that they are talking about it in the philosophy classes, or discussing somewhere with Monks in Himalayan mountains. Yes, moving inside. Learning things about yourself in order to become a better human being. 

OF COURSE it is not always lovely bubbly. I do miss my family, my friends, my lovers from the past. I still cry when I receive letters from them, still have nostalgic moments thinking about amazing moments I shared with them. But it is normal. It is the feeling and I am glad it makes me cry. I am thinking about many of you but in the same time I let myself to enjoy the moment, be here and now.

Travel people and don't forget to say hi if you meet me somewhere,

Ligita

P.S.This post was a bit general, next one will be update about the famous Donkey Paradise and me, little girl traveling with my pink boots to make sure all the donkeys are fed well, looked after and so on. Oh yeah, can't wait for it!
I love the waves here in Asturias!

Beautiful swell!

This little house is typical house in Asturias, where they keep corn. For me they look like some small house somewhere in Thailand

I think Spanish people really like The Beatles

One beautiful house in Candas. Apparently people who lived there were in famous Titanic.

Old Cinema in Candas

Beautiful beach

Some cool art in Aviles

1 comment: