Sunday, October 20, 2013

My life in Asturias

Hello to all the people who are interested in my life,

So as a time is passing by I thought to write few things how I am doing in that lovely country called Spain.

My life here is so easy. And I always used to say that life is not complicated at all, you just need to look at the things in positive way. But now it is extremely easy and I am not sure if I can do this for long time.

So the family I live with are great, they treat me like a real daughter and spoil me a bit.

I will not hide the fact that they don’t really have problems with money and for me it is very strange to live this quite rich lifestyle.

I eat like a princess, loaaaads of variety of fishes, fresh vegetables, amazing fruits. Sleep well, 10 or even 11 hours per night (haha! ). Have my own bicycle which I can use anytime, my own 40-50 years old Spanish guitar. Ok, enough, haha. So as you all understood I do have things here but I am starting to dislike all this comfort.

In general I need my own freedom and independence and here sometimes I miss it.

It is quite funny because sometimes I just hear the knock on the door that we are going somewhere and usually I have no clue where we are going to. For example, today, knock knock knock on the door and after 15 minutes I am in the beach next to the hills doing rock climbing. Or like they stop a car and say ok, see you in 1 hour, this is a museum. And then I visit the museum, haha. I quite like these spontaneous things but again I need my own way of doing things.

After spending a bit of time here in Asturias I feel like it has a lot of similarities with England. It is very green, beautiful cliffs, well the weather supposed to be raining nearly every day but I am lucky because we still have sunny days and plus 20-24 everyday! And it’s the end of October guys!

They have amazing cheeses, especially great goat cheeses and they do have a real cider, but again for me it is quite similar to the one I have tried in North Yorkshire. But the way they do it, it is amazing, they poor it from like one meter height when it is splashing all way round and then you have to drink it all at once.

Also, I just love to be a foreigner here. People seem like they are really interested in foreigners and they always help you or talk to you. You need just really basic Spanish knowledge and people compliment your level in Spanish, haha.

I am soaking this culture, digging in the language, meeting these charismatic latin people but in the same time learning a lot about myself and even thinking about some future ideas. ME?! FUTURE?! What am I talking about, haha!

Till the next time,

Ligita


Listening to Fados, traditional Portuguese music
Beautiful green mountains
Me and Paco
Me and lovely Alberto's dog Bingo!
I love the clouds here in Asturias!


It does look a bit like Yorkshire, doesn't it?

5 comments:

  1. Very nice to read, glad you are having a good time and you are being looked after, enjoy the spoiling while it lasts you will miss it after!! Ambera xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending my kisses to you Amberita!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be hard to leave these nice people :(...give them big wishes from me and I am glad to hear that you will not stagnate :)
    Beautifull pictures and I hope to see this beauty :)) and what a cute dog, ah...I want to caress very much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tikiuosi, kad pavasariop pavyks tau atlekti :)))

      Delete