Sunday, October 27, 2013

Collecting memories and the Donkey Paradise

Hello again, or should I keep writing Hola from now on,

So what is happening in my life. I keep asking this question myself for million of times.

This travel gives me so much air to breathe and think. I LOVE IT. It is kind of form of meditation when you have an opportunity to look inside yourself but for much longer time.

The life here is good, the weather is not changing as well, still warm and I do have a feeling that winter will never be here, haha!

Last weekend I went rock climbing, today had a bicycle trip and yesterday went to great National Geographic photography exhibition. So I keep myself fit (well at least trying!) and do some cultural stuff as well.

The annoying part in my life at the moment is the comfort. I don’t want it anymore. My life is more full when I am dirty standing on the road and hitch-hiking, meeting people and not having access to the internet. I do not deny, sometimes I love comfort and sometimes I secretely dream not to do anything but after one month spent in real comfortable conditions it is time to move on. I feel like I soaked from this place what I wanted.

So, next Friday I am leaving this kind Asturian family and going to the Donkey Paradise. Ha! And it is not my sarcasm, not at all! The place is actually called Donkey Paradise. It is an organization, still in the same region Asturias, which host many old and retired donkeys which cannot be looked after anymore. They do have 24 donkeys, all different and very very cute, 4 dogs, 5 cats and 2 horses. Animal paradise!!! I am extremely excited because I will spend there whole November and I can’t wait to get dirty, woohoo!

However, I will definitely miss this family. They taught me Spanish (I am still the beginner but with a better understanding of some tricky things), they took me as a daughter, fed me like a princess and gave so much knowledge about the life in Spain. Father Paco gave me a lot of advises with my future and actually very wise and interesting, I will keep them all in my head and maybe one day who knows I will return to them to say big big thank you.

I am so so happy that I have a courage and determination to do this trip and when I don’t know it’s ending, I feel great, I feel free. Free to do whatever I want.
In the beginning I was a bit freaking out of this unknown future but the more I live the more I realise that I don’t need to know what is going to happen and I don’t need one year plan or something.

For now Spain is a stop in my life. For how long, nobody knows. And I dare you to do the same because it feels amazing.

Keep shining everybody.

With love,

Ligita

These sweets are in every single Spanish shop. I am so tempted to buy them all the time!

The view from my room. They have small jungle :)

My favourite tree

Very cool museum where we went to the Exhibition of photography

Cool Cafe inside the museum

One of the photos of the photographers of National Geography. This picture is amazing. But it is more amazing when you know the story behind. This little boy is crying because some rude and awful taxi driver drove and killed their all sheep, the source they were living from. Fortunately, kind people donated money and these people can buy some sheep and live again. 

Nearly November!

Xivares. The place I live at

Me climbing with Paco




No comments:

Post a Comment