Friday, December 6, 2013

Hitch-hiking, sunshine and animals

Hello my lovely people who are still interested in my life,

So as the time is passing by I keep traveling, meeting people, changing environment and so on.
Last week I did 5 days hitch-hiking trip with 2 nice stops in Burgos and Zaragoza cities.

My hitch-hiking trip went good, although I was very sad leaving the Donkey Paradise and all great people there. I am still in my heart with all of them.

Most of the time I was picked up by a man in a car and I didn’t need even 20 minutes to wait for a car. However, most of the time people were going only for few kilometres so I got many cars in short distances. All of them were asking the same 2 questions, am I not afraid hitch-hiking alone and why I have decided to travel in Spain in the winter when temperature can fall down to 0, haha.

And then suddenly when I was leaving Zaragoza I have realised that I will need to hitch-hike on a highway, which I hate doing it because all the cars are going extremely fast and it is hard to stop them. So I was stuck for 2 hours, I was very cold even though it was a sunny day. At that moment you realise how precious is to have a travel partner and just chat while waiting for a car. In the end I got picked up and then my journey went even faster than I expected.

Now I am writing to you from one house, in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mountains and dry grass in Catalonia. I arrived to a new project, helping with animals (dogs, cats, ducks, geese, goats, pigs…) and olive trees where I will stay until next Tuesday.

The landscape is totally different than Asturias, much drier and there is no rain here. Temperature is around 15 during the days so I can enjoy precious sunshine. I live with another volunteer who is Lithuanian and she is so great that we decided to hitch-hike together next week to Barcelona.

So all is good, sun is shining and birds are singing.

I wish I could send to you all at least a bit of sunshine from where I am now,

With love,


Ligita
Mountains I passed by

street art in Zaragoza

Castle in Zaragoza

Zaragoza

Zaragoza

entering Catalonia

place I have been picking oranges

Add caption

Beautiful Toby

Skip is trying to drive a car :)

My room

Sally

The house I live in
Clementines for breakfast, lunch and dinner, haha!
 
The house seems like in the middle of nowhere


With lithuanian volunteer Ieva

Yes, we climbed up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment