Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Magical day and the stolen coat

Hello my dear friends,

Sometimes the days are passing by and you are stuck with your full-time job, you come back home and the only thing to do is go to sleep.
Sometimes the day is so long that all these weird and magical events which happen in one day create some sort of the movie and then you realize it is your life.
That is how I felt yesterday.

My trip started with ordinary job in the morning: feeding dogs, goats and chickens and then being chased by cock while changing the water in his yard.
And then me and Ieva said good-bye or see you later to our hosts and left with happy smiles ready for another interesting and magical day.

Martin drove us to the gas station where apparently would be the best place to hitch-hike towards Barcelona. While I was changing my contact lenses in the bathroom Ieva talked to two Moroccan guys who were going towards Barcelona with their big bus. So 5 minutes later we were sitting surrounded by like 20 or something Moroccan guys and few women sitting in the bus.
The feeling was amazing. We were a bit worried because they could easily rape us but it was something in those big brown eyes which let us feel we are safe. I call it traveller’s trust or just common sense. The main thing while hitch-hiking is always to trust your intuition.

So we arrived 20 km far from small little town called Sitges where we supposed to stay during the day. Another car picked up us in few minutes and we couldn’t believe how fast we arrived to our destination.

And then… Blue blue sky, sunshine, the sea, wine, food and us. Just sitting there and enjoying the moment. Being in the presence, not running somewhere but just appreciating everything we have in our lifes. It was perfect. I could not wish for something better.

It got darker so we caught a train and we went to one little town very close to Barcelona where a guy from Couchsurfing should meet us and host. Apparently it was a misunderstanding and he couldn't host us anymore so we went to Barcelona and stayed with Ieva's previous host Diego.

We went to eat amaaaazing pinchos, which are like small little sandwiches with amazing spicies, vegetables and cheeses. We ate like crazy J Ieva decided to stay at home and me and Diego went to party in this crazy place called Barcelona. We danced like crazy, it was a great night and then I realized my coat, the only coat I have is gone, stolen or whatever. I felt very sad because now I don’t have anything warm and even if it sounds silly I really loved that coat but it was gone. Barcelona and it’s thieves J My first night and I was without a coat. Luckily all my stuff was in my small bag. So life is beautiful again.

The day was magical: the company, the places, smells, tastes, everything. Without my only coat but happy in the heart I am in this big city with many rushing people, cars, buildings, shops and civilization. How long I will stay here, I don’t know and actually I don’t need to know.

Safe journeys for you all,

With love,

Ligita
Main square in Xerta

Surroundings in Xerta

Sitges

Sitges



4 comments:

  1. Happy that you arrived safe, sad that you lost your coat. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tai kokius lesius keiteisi? ar gavai mano? gal ta bordava tavo megztuka pavoge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tavo! pavoge mano melyna paltuka!:(

      Delete
    2. oo, tai gerai, kad spejai gauti, nu o del paltuko, blyn, dar isskalbiau, skyles susiuvau...:( kad jis (ji) paspringtu

      Delete