Monday, November 25, 2013

Life Lessons and New Venture



Hello my dearly friends,

Time is flying since I finished my high school and here in Spain it flies even faster.

This Thursday is the day when I am leaving the Donkey Paradise and heading all way to Catalonia for my next project.

This place was special, it really left a footprint in my heart.

I learnt and experienced so many things. I learnt that helping to the one which needs help may change this world into a better place for everybody. Every morning, we have to lift up three or two donkeys and support them during whole day. Sometimes, the donkey may fall down and just stay lying while one of us would notice and come to help. I will never forget a day when Marleen and Steve were somewhere away and I had to take care of the donkeys. I was just walking around, everybody seemed happy and satisfied when I saw Norbert lying down on the grass. Straight away I went and tried to lift him up but I was too weak to do it on my own. He was looking with such sad eyes, trying all his best but I couldn’t make it. I tried few times but I still couldn’t make it.
Then Marleen and Steve came back and Norbert was happily chewing some wet grass and walking again like nothing happened.
At that time all alone I couldn’t help him but three of us could do it.

I learnt that animal is able to love and forgive. Forget about the wounds made by cruel people in the past.
My first day one of the dogs Lady was so scared of me that she couldn’t let me even to stroke her. I must admit she was very curious but very afraid because probably people in the past were beating her up. It took me 3 or maybe 4 days when I could touch her and now she gives all her love to me because she learnt how to trust again.

I learnt that life in every step is accompanied with death. One moment I was feeding donkey Katrina and letting her sniffing my hand and another moment she was lying down with cold eyes, dead body and flying soul somewhere far far away.

Donkey Paradise lets me believe that old and unwanted donkeys can be loved again. That old and ill can be treated well. I admire Marleen for her courage to fight against cruel people and rescue these beautiful animals who really are like one of us. Would you let somebody suffer when you now you can help them?

And now I am back on the road. In front of me is 5 days hitch-hiking venture. Wish me strong back, good shoes and good people on my way.

I miss you,

Ligita

Sweet cat Julie

My favourite Lady

Jolly

Funny Sammy

Brothers love :)

Happy me

And somebody lives here, haha!

Llanes

Llanes

Yes, it is Spain! Not that sunny, huh?

Colourful stone cubes

Llanes

Beach in Llanes

Spanish love everything and everybody :)





1 comment:

  1. Love your picture of Jolly, hope your boots still stay dry....

    ReplyDelete