Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Mexico Dream

 Hello my sweet sweet friends,


In the beginning of my Mexico trip my good friend told me that I will leave Mexico crying and in love. And he was right.


At that time, it was hard to believe such a sentence. I came to Mexico with a broken heart, learning how to let go big love of mine and move on. It was difficult to go through such intense emotions and be in a new environment with so many beautiful souls around me.


But time, as always, has this power of change. And I found myself coming back to myself, connecting with myself and others around and most importantly connecting with the land I am on it. 


Mexico started to show its love. Through the people, nature and experiences. The colours of native cultures brought me joy and aliveness, the dreamers that I met on my road led me to believe in my own dreams and pursue them. The tropical fruit of this land, the jungle with its magnified inhabitants and intense smells and colours sharpened my senses and I felt like a part of this land. 


Mexico started to open the arms of locals to me and I felt so welcomed in this land. As a traveller, there is not a better feeling than belonging.


I felt happy in this noisy, full-on, intense land. 


If I would have to choose the smell of Mexico, it would be the fruit of guava, so tropical, so different from anything that I am used to. Every market had it and I could smell it from far far away. If it would be a taste, I would go for sour lime, adding extra freshness to everything. If it would be a feeling, I would go for this intense sun hotness on your skin, burning the bottom of your feet while you are on the beach or walking barefoot on the asphalt. If it would be an animal, I’d choose a pelican. Watching them just before the sunset diving like an acrobat and fishing their dinners each night brought me so much joy. And of course, there is no question about what would I choose for the plant. Cacao, at least the spirit of cacao. This exotic fruit/plant was truly a guiding force behind my trip. It brought me openness and joy, love and acceptance. 


And now I am back in Europe. It all still feels like a dream. 4 months of sunshine, intensity, new friends, new loves, cries from happiness and sadness, inspiration, motivation, freedom, ohhh what a beautiful gift in my life this trip was. I am closing this chapter, this energy and continuing the way of my heart. Which direction is it going now? I am open to listening and following it. Because, I found out, that is the only way for now that I want to live my life. The heart´s way.


I am so looking forward to seeing you all in Europe, let´s create magic!


With love and inspiration,


Ligita























No comments:

Post a Comment