Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Contemplations in Lithuania


While being back in Lithuania I was really positively shocked how fast this country is moving. I am not talking industry or technology type of fast, which I’m sure it is too as everywhere else but how quickly the culture that I always used to think is Lithuanian culture is changing.

I often felt while visiting Lithuania that my homeland now has two mentalities- the post sovietic type one and the new generation that is looking, searching, experimenting. I often also criticised how people are rude and angry all the time- the first thing I often used to notice after being long time abroad. And I guess there is always that in the air. But the change is astonishing. Either those two and a half weeks that I’ve been staying happened to be my lucky ones and I just kept meeting nice strangers, or perhaps, and I really hope Lithuanians are starting to be happier. Can this be possible?

My time in Lithuania was so so pleasant- I can never describe the feeling to be walking in those forests that cover my country. I am very lucky girl and my travels always are in astonishing nature paradise, however, I really think nothing can beat that peaceful, a little mystic and humbling Lithuanian pine forest. Perhaps it’s nostalgia, the forgotten memories from the past that play with my feelings. Who knows? But I always feel so supported, as if all those trees give me a massive hug.

I loved seeing my family and friends, animals and new things. I often leave with a question in my head- will I ever live in Lithuania again. I want to say yes, especially after this visit where I really can see hope in this country, but something inside just smiles and knows that happy nomadic spirit is never harnessed, is never at ease with stability and comfort. So I move on. Another summer another adventure.

This time my heart has been taken by the mountains again- I will be living in the Alps in Austria for the next 4 months. The place is remote and sounds like another paradise. Time to be surrounded by the birds and alpine lakes, doing the job that sounds too good to be true.

Like always, my family and friends are always welcome to come and visit me. Plenty of space for all, don’t forget me 😊

Ligita


is my fur worth my life?


my beautiful hometown





birthday party



I loved that food!!



No comments:

Post a Comment