Tuesday, March 3, 2020

In the End, It's All About People

Servus dear ones,

I am a book worm. Always have been in love with the world that lives in the books. Imaginations, inspiring stories, haunting knowledge seem to fill my soul so well. And I always so stronly believed in the power of words.

I also seem to be fond of romanticisim. Everything is magic to me, everything in this world happens synchronically, all kind of meant to be. This sort of thinking led me to romaticise isolation.

Now, people who really know me would probably never imagine that such a social little penguin as me can be craving for isolation. But I did and I do, many times.

Some of my favoutrite writers such as Bukowski or Keruac, Robyn Davidson romantisized isolation so much that to me, it seemed the most magical thing. Until I started traveling.

Until I started meeting people, all sorts. Wonderful, mean, inspiring and fun, happy and sad, lost and found. I started to listen to their stories, their teachings. I happen to realize that without social contact, without connection with these homo sapiens my life wouldn't really be that magical.

Yes, I still believe in a gift in being isolated but gosh do I love people.

For the past week my really good friend came to visit me and again and again and again it made me feel that power of connection in friendships. I feel so good, I feel so happy, I feel that belonging feeling that sometimes I lose in isolation.

I do live in the most stunning locations, but in the end, to me it's all about people. It's all about those connections you make, those stories you hear, those stories you tell. Yes, you can die happily on some epic mountain summit, but gosh there will never be a feeling that can replace that love for your beloved ones.

So go on, meet that friend who keeps on texting you but you just seem to never have free time, call that person who perhaps feel lonely, go and see your family, your grandparents. That's why we are here. To share, not to own.

Amen

Ligita

P.S. This time ALL the pictures are from Egle





Szuka

Once in China


Local transport

Zora

No comments:

Post a Comment