Sunday, May 19, 2024

Commitment to México

 Hola ☀️

My commitment to Latin America started in Portugal.

One sunny day I was happily in love with Rafa and we were dreaming about our future adventures.

My love seed though was planted long long time ago.

When I was a child, I always dreamt of Latin America. I had no information then about any of the countries but I have always felt a strong pull towards the spanish speaking America.

How bizarre!? Why, some would ask. Did I see a picture somewhere in the geography class books? Did I hear some song on the radio station? Did somebody that I overheard talked about any of these countries? Apart from tele novelas I really knew nothing.

I knew that cactus grows in Mexico and they like to sing funny songs.

I knew wild animals roam Amazonian part.

I knew it gets pretty cold down in Patagonia.

I knew little ladies in Bolivia puts on cute flower dresses.

I knew that North Americans adored Costa Rica.

But nothing else more. Yet deeply in my heart I felt a strong pull to explore those far away lands.

So I talked and talked how much I dream of going to those lands.

I remember nearly quitting my University in UK and instead going to Latin America.

I remember coming pretty close to getting a ticket when I was together with Dom and all summer season I worked hard to get the funds. And then, last minute we changed the direction and went to South East Asia instead.

And then I fell in love with Greece and Portugal which kept me busy for quite few years.

And then I met Rafa. Another keen traveller and a true adventurist. And that one sunny day on the permaculture farm in Portugal the seed of commitment was finally planted.

We dreamt of crossing Mexico together on the motorbike. The only thing we were missing was the money.

So we worked hard for couple of months and after many discussions the ticket to Mexico was in our hands. Well, in our e-mails, really. :)

But life was a bit wild for me then. And one week before the trip, our romantic relationship ended leaving me with a very broken heart but a ticket to Latin America.

I nearly didn't go, the temptation to heal my broken heart and stay comfy in Portugal was really big. But I revisited the deepest part of my heart and decided to go.

Arriving in Mexico with broken heart and lost hopes was not the way I ever imagined arriving into the lands that were calling me for years. But I am not the one to control, so life had other plans for me.

And to be honest, I did not fall in love with Latin America, well, Mexico from the first sight. But Mexico wrapped her arms around me.

6 months trip came to an end. And with healed and open heart once more I came back to Europe.

And it felt good BUT my heart was missing Mexico. I talked and talked about that land. I shared cacao with everybody around and everytime I drank a cup, it transported me to Mexico. I became completely in love. With Mexico and cacao.

So after a fun summer in Europe I came back to Mexico. And this time I arrived to Latin America the way I always have imagined. By myself, with no men attached, open and happy. And Mexico opened her arms once more. And I felt like I don't want to go anywhere. But!

The money was running out and the Universe sent me to Costa Rica. 

My heart felt happy-I was meeting the Central America and it felt beautiful to explore the neighbours (well, kind of) of my beloved Mexico.

But Mexico was strongly attached to my soul.

Then another summer came, just before it I went for a month to Mexico and then I felt that I need to visit my mum.

It was a very particular summer, full of rooting, family healing and growth but Mexico was calling me once more.

So last autumn I went there again and somehow I felt like I put my roots in that land. 

Until I received a beautiful invitation to work for beloved friends in Costa Rica.

And that brings me to a present moment.

Half a year has passed since I came to Costa Rica. And I am finally returning to Mexico.

I am commiting to this country and decided not to go back to Europe for the summer, however fun and easy is to be back in summers there. Why?

Because my love for Mexico and cacao is leading me some very mysterious unknown path. 

And I am 33. 

The most mystical numbers of all. 

It makes sense to me to follow the mystery.

Cacao and Mexico are my guiding stars.

That's all I feel.

Exciting!





No comments:

Post a Comment